Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello!

Hello people of planet Earth!


I hope I'm doing this right.. Although I'm 22 and quite used with computers, from having a dad who's always trying to teach me how they work (I never remember) and from staying up to late playing games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, WoW, Aion, Tera, GW2 and the list goes on..
But I never really got into this Facebook/Twitter/blog thing, so bare with me if I do something weird :P

Anyway, my name is Josefine, I'm 22 (as I said before) and I live on a island outside of Stockholm in Sweden. And no, we don't have polar bears :)
Apart from drawing I also love to read (fantasy and sci-fi), gaming, singing and training karate (I'm only 8 kyu, been training for a year :P)

I have always loved to draw, been doing it all my life. Although a couple of years ago I stopped doing it as much as before because I started high school and I didn't think I had it in me to fullfill my dream of working with it. And I still don't, I don't have the best confidence. It seams like an almost imposible thing to break in to that industry with so many amazing artists out there.

About two months ago this passion for art was awaken though. I found the youtube site of FZD (Feng Zhu School of Design) and watched them all. I was really amazed by his art, or design as he calls it. It inspired me to start drawing more again and to dream of working with it.  Before I didn't really know what kind of jobs was available for artists. But now I know for sure that what I really want to work as is a concept artist or illustrator! To be able to combine my love for fantasy/sci-fi/games/movie/design and art into one would be awesome.

But then there is that little voice in the back of my mind saying that I don't have what it takes.

So that's what this blog is going to be about. I'm going write about my progress, upload pictures I'm working on and also things I finished ofc. This I'm doing to improve my confidence aswell as my skill as a designer and artist. Even if I never take the step to apply for a school or work as a professional just improving and growing is a victory. My main goal though is to get that confidence to start beliving in myself and realising my dreams!

So wish me luck planet Earth :)

Love,
Josefine.F

No comments:

Post a Comment